Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Cleaning Cancer Out Of My Apartment: An Initiative


In continuing to make this remission thing more official, I recently un-medicalized my apartment. No government leaflets about "Cancer and Me." No excess pill bottles. No patient binder. What we've affectionately dubbed the Apothecary Table has been eradicated.



Part symbolic measure, part need to clean my dusty apartment, the moment I cleared this table I knew it meant something. In fact, I deemed it so meaningful I decided to put everything back on the table to take a picture so I could share the "before" and "after" with you all. 



And since I am a self-proclaimed pack rat, I didn't feel like I could just throw all this stuff away. It's  been banished to a box simply labeled "DO NOT OPEN." Enough said.




No comments:

Post a Comment