Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Trampolines and cake

Fourteen days later, and here I am again. Chemo-eve. After six solid days of feeling normal my 3rd cycle begins tomorrow: a 3-hour event of neon-colored chemicals and not much else. My last treatment was (thankfully) very anti-climactic. Although I was honored to be Nurse Cornelia's very first chemo patient while back in the hospital, the experienced nurses at Kellogg made my second time around less, well, adventurous. I'm hoping this time will be the same. But maybe with cake.

And speaking of normalcy, the intermittent return of my muscle strength is a continuous surprise. After some sorry attempts to jump last week in ballet left me with that just-off-the-trampoline feeling of heaviness, I was shocked to find some familiar lift during Wednesday's modern class. And then I had to drag my wobbly body through yoga class on Friday. It's a baffling and constant process that I continue to invoke on my muscle memory.

This perplexing trek marches on...

3 comments:

  1. Interesting... I was searching this info for my uncle. He will be happy for such a great info. Thanks for sharing...
    Ana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are the best. Thank you so much for sharing this invaluable info!
    Smiles to you,
    Chiara

    ReplyDelete