Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Don't blink. You might miss them.

A few months ago I started to realize that I didn't look like myself, but I couldn't figure out how or what was making me feel this way. With no recent plastic surgeries to report, I was baffled. That is until one rare day that I went to put on make-up and discovered what was missing: my eyelashes. I would never have guessed how significantly those miniscule hairs can alter an appearance, but when I applied mascara the few lashes still clinging to my eyelids sprang to life and there I was.

I am completely obsessed with make-up and have been since meeting Bonne Bell at age 5. One plastic candy cane filled with Lip Smackers and I've never turned back. I've been an avid supporter of the old standby pink and green tube of Maybelline Great Lash forever, but a recent dangerous trip to Sephora led me to stray to one of the best investments I've made throughout chemo:

Dior BlackOut mascara:  Now the official mascara of Chemo Girl and her three remaining eyelashes.

No comments:

Post a Comment