Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Monday, April 26, 2010

The writing's on the wall: We're superstitious.


So far, everything's going right. Who would mess with that by changing any ounce of their pre-chemo routine? Certainly not this girl.  My super-comfy Smart Wool socks are a must. So is my "hope"-printed underwear. The soundtrack for every car ride to Evanston must include the same first five tracks. This soundtrack is always entitled "Booyoung" followed by the number of that particular treatment. (Another discussion for another time.) So when my sister (the girl in the bright yellow bug) nearly had to miss Chemo #10, our superstitious tendencies threatened to be compromised.

Luckily, a hungover Lauren took one for the team and did a little bit of extra driving yesterday. Call me crazy but the socks and underwear can't do it on their own...


No comments:

Post a Comment