Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Updating my Updates

Here I am sitting on some great details to report for over a week, and they still haven't made it in to a post! Ten days ago I had a CT scan that indicated that my lymph nodes are no longer taking over my body. Great news, right? It gets better. Well, better may not be the most appropriate word. Revealing is my official choice.

Bottom line: to say that my lymph nodes were simply taking up some extra space is an understatement. Thanks to some Google searching, I've discovered that the average little lymph node oozes around your chest at about 1.5 cm. Mine were 4cm! No wonder I couldn't breathe. But leave it to this crazy dancer to blame it on her lack of endurance. Take a look at the numbers with a grain of excited and hopeful salt. Arming myself with Google search to decipher these results is probably not the wisest choice, but here they are in their staggering glory:  (Although I should have made you guess Price is Right style.)

Chest lymph nodes
December.... April
 4.3x4.8cm.....2.2x3.0cm
1.8x2.3cm.....0.9x1.1cm
3.3x4.2cm....1.0x0.9cm


In other important lymph node news, the ones in my abdomen are back to NORMAL. A word that I relish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment