Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Thursday, May 13, 2010

On the Boat

I keep stumbling across this term: survivorship. I can't really wrap my brain around what it means. I guess it has to do with the club I'm working to join. And as I continue my (web-based) quest to figure out what's next, it only brings more questions, concerns, musings. The most daunting of them:

What if it comes back? (Insert silence, fear, uncertainty, nervously shifty eyes.)

I'm trying to learn how to cope with that possibility. In working to get better, it was enough to be just getting past chemo dose #12. Now that I'm just 10 days from that date the expanse of this bubble I've been in is shifting.

Meet my new friend, http://i2y.com/. Apparently survivors rule. I am officially signed up. (And trying to get The Cancer Dancer into their blogroll.)

No comments:

Post a Comment