Welcome to the sordid chronicle of my medical adventures, mishaps and triumphs with a side of assorted helpful links. Although I recently achieved that coveted clean bill of health, The Cancer Dancer will oh-so-gracefully trudge on as a means to share the personal and practical findings I continue to discover. Join me from the beginning (as the wide-eyed new patient) or join me now (as the seasoned survivor).

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

In the MOST delightful way!

Remission is upon us...and it could not have come sooner! Although I was very confident about yesterday's outcome, as my doctor entered the exam room she began, "So here's a loaded question..." My heart sank as I was convinced she was about to ask how I felt about more treatment or radiation. Thankfully, she began sharing the story of a new young patient whom she hoped to give my contact info. Sigh of relief. As I receive my amazing news, the Mary Poppins of medicine has already begun transitioning to the next patient. Not that I mind in the least.


I did ask whether or not the word "remission" should be entering my vocabulary. I was met by an emphatic "yes!" along with other wonderful phrases like "fully recovered" and "done!"


If you're concerned that this means the end of "The Cancer Dancer," don't worry.  I think this is a ideal place to raise awareness about young adults with cancer, a widely misunderstood group of patients. (Sorry, teens, it's not you guys.)

No comments:

Post a Comment